Monday, March 17, 2008

Little Bailey's Bracelet

IThis is one of the most precious pieces that I have made so far, and I will explain why. I work with the very sweet Mrs. Elizabeth Redmon, and she asked me to make a bracelet for her 9 year old daughter Bailey. Elizabeth told me that after Bailey's grandfather's funeral, little Bailey was walking to the car and picked up one yellow rose from the funeral that was lying on the ground. Since then, she has kept this little rose in her "special box". Elizabeth gave her the option to have this rose made into special jewelry for her, and after much consideration Bailey decided she wanted me to make a bracelet for her from her rose. I felt the pressure on this one because I wanted it to be the best for her. Elizabeth wanted a more natural look to her beads and did not want me to paint them unless they lost their color completely. It is very hard to tell in this picture, but the rose beads still have a little bit of the yellow color to them so I only coated them with a clear sealant. I can paint them yellow later, if Elizabeth decides they are too dark. I hope that Bailey will keep this bracelet forever to remember her grandfather by. Thank you Elizabeth and Bailey!

1 comments:

Brandie said...

That is sooo sweet! Good job!