Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh, Boy!

Okay another baby update: I went to the doctor on Monday for my weekly checkup and whenever my doc measured my stomach, she said, "Wow Ashley, this baby has had a growth spurt. You are measuring at 40 weeks." Even though I feel huge, I was surprised he had grown that much. I also dilated a little bit more, 1.5-2.
So, she tells me that we need to do an ultrasound to see how big he is. I went back today to do the ultrasound and I will not get to discuss the results with the doctor until Monday, but the lady who did the ultrasound said that she would guess he weighs a little over 7 pounds! We still have 3 weeks to go! Ian weighed 7 lbs 7 ozs and he was only 3 days early. Adam is so proud.... he says Elliot is going to be his little eater (since Ian eats like a bird and is skinny like I was). I was a little miffed that Adam is so excited about having a big baby because I am the one who has to deliver him! But at least he is healthy... even though he is a chunk. The lady doing the ultrasound also noticed that he has a lot of hair, so I'll bet he will look like Ian with all of the thick dark hair. If I do not go into labor before Monday, we will discuss the results with my doctor and see what we are going to do. I will try to keep everyone posted! (Pray for us!)

2 comments:

Lindsey's Story said...

Holy Cow! :o
...umm...good luck with that! :) j/k

Don't worry, as long as you have an epidural, everything will be just fine! I can't wait to see a picture of elliot--love the name!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Wow! Won't be long. :) So happy for you.