Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Potty Training... Help!

Okay, Ian and I are having some set backs regarding potty training. He was doing really good and using the potty around 4 times a day. To reward him, I would give him an M&M and praise him. All of a sudden, he has stopped using the potty and refuses to even sit on it. Help! I do not know what to do. I have let some time go by because I have always heard not to force them, but he is not showing any renewed interest. I'm thinking of bribing him with something bigger (since the candy is not working anymore) but I'm not sure. Any advice would be appreciated. I would love to have him out of diapers before Elliot gets here! I am also thinking of making him wear his big boy underwear and it will be either pee on yourself or use the potty. Good idea?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's what I did with Ellie. I know she know what to do but she just didn't want to sometimes. I just put her in panties and told her she would be in trouble if she used them and she didn't. I know they say that's bad but she was just being stubborn and I know that. Of course all kids are different. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

don't stress over it. My oldest did the same thing so we gave it a rest for a little bit. Then we had her little sister & she wanted to be like the baby and use her diaper again. they go though a regressive phase is what our Dr. told us & he also said she would act just like the baby & want to do baby things again when little sister arrived & he was right. It only lasted for a few months so maybe he will get back into the swing of things again.

LeAnne Grissom said...

Put Fruit Loops in the potty and let him try to pee on them. We made it a game with Clint and letting him pee on a tree outside works good too!! But make sure you tell him that he can only do that at home, cause Clint used a pole at a tee ball game at Fairview his first year playing. It was way to funny. The Fruit Loops will not hurt your commode.